The holidays are upon us and everyone wants glowing skin for that holiday party and believe it or not, it is not that difficult. You can buy products, make your own products at home, or add certain foods to your diet. Sometimes this last step is all it takes. Yes, diet is a huge part of getting that skin to glow however there are other things you can try. Here are the tips I swear by for glowing skin:
- Get your C. If you can’t get it from fruits and veggies, than invest in a supplement. It does wonders for the skin. After just a couple of weeks taking 1000 mg a day of a vitamin C supplement, my skin looked amazing. It works!
- Exfoliate your skin on a regular basis. Dry skin cells build up on your skin making it look dull and lifeless. Make a batch of fresh papaya or pineapple in your food processor and spread it on your face for about 10 minutes, and then rinse it off.
- Use a natural facial mist throughout the day. They are inexpensive, hydrate the skin, and give you a pick me up at the same time. The first time I used a facial mist, I got so many compliments on my glowing skin. Rose water is a favorite for many. Keep it in your purse.
- Purchase a bottle of organic argan oil. You can use it under makeup to moisturize, before bed to moisturize while you sleep, or put over makeup throughout the day for instant glowing skin.
- Use pearlizing makeup or mix Mica Gold (link below) with your favorite foundation to add shine and shimmer
See video below for more glowing skin tips. While this model is using very expensive skin care products, I have listed some less expensive quality products that can help you achieve the same results.
A Model’s Tips-How I Get Glowing Skin
At home facial peel
The video shows Glam Glow which normally sells for around $69.
Get Glam Glow Here for only $35.95 plus free shipping
Simply Karen Hyaluronic Regenerating Serum
This super inexpensive mineral (only $5.90) gives a shimmering and pearlizing luminescence to skin. Mix a small amount with makeup or body lotion for glowing skin. Don’t let the price throw you off. This stuff is nothing short of amazing!
Mica Sugar Blush, a natural shimmer pigment
Here is a great DIY brow and cheek highlighter by Jennifer Modisettenone