Over the holidays, I took a job at Origins for extra Christmas money (unfortunately I spent it all there). Even though I already had knowledge of the natural skin care industry and hundreds of natural skin products, I learned quite a bit about how clients feel about taking care of the skin that they will live with for the rest of their lives when given an easy skin care routine. Like anything else, there are those who care and those who don’t.
I personally think that “those who don’t” are either lazy or think that it’s too expensive to spend the money on skin care products. It’s crazy. These are the same people that will go out and buy tons of “stuff” to decorate their houses and buy expensive cars to look good to their neighbors, but wait, “spend money on my face?.”
They eventually live to regret it……….
I saw this first hand, every single day that I worked there.
Those that “do care” sometimes get carried away and become skin care junkies. (BTW, if you are one of these people, it is in your best interest to be a natural skin care junkie.) I can’t tell you how many clients I had to tell to let off on some of the products because they didn’t need them, for real. If you are using the right products, and by that I mean natural, than you only need a few products for healthy, glowing skin as part of an easy skin care routine.
An easy skin care routine, for a beginner is this:
- Exfoliate-exfoliating your skin once or twice a week will get rid of the dead skin cells sitting on top of your skin and reveal new, glowing skin underneath. Again a natural exfoliator is best as it is gentler on your skin.
- Cleanse-leaving your makeup on to go to bed will clog pores and allow chemicals, if you use products with chemicals, to remain there through the evening. Use a natural cleanser morning and night.
- Moisturize– even the best natural moisturizers can’t always eliminate wrinkles and aging, however when your skin is moisturized, not only does it have a life as in glow, but it also softens those wrinkles so that they are not as pronounced. You will instantly look 10 years younger.
That’s it! When you are addicted to the new natural skin products you started using, you will want to add the following:
- Natural eye cream– made specifically for the tender area surrounding the eyes, if you don’t already use one, you may see a dramatic improvement in the look of wrinkles under and on the sides of your eyes within a few short weeks
- Natural facial mask– using a natural face mask once a week can do wonders for irritated skin. Choose the right one for the problems that you are experiencing. There is a natural face mask for dry skin, for oily and acne prone skin and for normal skin. You can even resort to a homemade facial mask if you are short on cash.
Get started with this easy skin care routine and add products when you can afford to. What you can’t afford not to do is purchase a good, all natural cleanser and an all natural moisturizer. Not using these important skin care products will most definitely age your skin at least 10 years……….and don’t even try to tell me you have great skin and don’t use anything.
I have had many of those clients too and I am not sure what they see in the mirror, but it is not radiant, glowing skin.